So I just had a birthday last week and I am another year closer to 30. It is kinda scary and very sad. I thought I would be in a totally different place by now. I would have a career and a couple of kids. I would have a loving husband and own my own home. Instead I am single working part time trying to find a job. I am living with my parents and trying to figure out what to do with my life. How did my life get so off track? How did I end up here instead of there? It isn't all bad though. I have my hellion. I wouldn't trade all the money in the world for my son. If I had to do it again I would be in the same place if it meant I got to have my son. So I am almost 30 and trying to start life over. I know I will do a better job this time. I have something that will make all the effort worth it. My hellion!!
We went to the Monster Jam pit party on Saturday and the hellion had a blast! We walked around and looked at all the huge trucks. They were a little scary for him at first. He loved the monster golf cart though. I think his favorite thing was watching them race the little RC trucks. We kept going back to it. I was going to go to the show later that night but the weather was awful that day and I decided to stay dry instead. We did go watch a little of the Gasparilla kids parade and hellion got a ton of beads. That was cancelled because of the weather. All in all it was a very good day.
The hellion is growing up so fast. He is learning to talk in sentences and he loves to talk on the phone now. He will even answer your questions and try to have a conversation instead of just repeating whatever I tell him to say. It is so cute, but it is kind of sad to. He doesn't say "tank to" anymore. He actually says "thank you". He is learning how to ride his bike now too. That is a lot of fun. He so doesn't get that you have to push the pedals to make the bike go, but he is learning. Here is a picture of him on his new bike.
I work at a calander store. It clearly says on our sign what we are and what we sell. I promise they aren't records or posters. There are at least eight signs up saying ALL calanders are on sale. Just for asking if that one is I'll give it to you for full price. No I don't have a Labradoodle or any other weird crossbreed. Don't yell at me about how unfair it is, I just work here. I can't change a damn thing. If you wanted to find stuff with pictures of your pooch then you should have gotten a real dog. You can read right, you see that sign right there. The one right in front of you that says in large print NO RETURNS. Yeah, that means you too.
Yeah, work has been a little stressful. I hate retail and can't wait to get out of it.
I am a part time parent. I only get my son every other week. It is the worst thing in the world for me. I hate missing him for the time he is gone. I hate missing out on his new accomplishments. He gets so big when he is gone. It so sucks. I talk to him and then spend thirty minutes crying afterward because I miss him so much. I wish there was something I could do. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!
Every year I make at least one New Year's Resolution, every year I fail to keep it. This year I have decided it is a pointless endeavor. So here are my top five broken resolutions and why I am not making them this year.
1. I will lose all this excess weight.-I am 50lbs overweight and have been since I got married. That hasn't changed in five years and making a resolution about it won't change it. Now signing up and following through on the Discovery Channel health challenge might do it.
2. I will quit smoking.- I wasn't ready. I haven't smoked in over two weeks. No point making a resolution when I have already done something.
3. I will exercise more.- Yeah, this goes with number 1 but it is a little different so it counts as a second one. I won't exercise more unless someone puts a gun to my head and forces me. Of course my mom nagging me might work as well.
4. I will be a nicer person.- If you know me this is just funny. Nice does not belong in the same sentence with my name most of the time and it never will. I don't like people and I prefer when they don't like me back.
5. I will get a new hobby, one that doesn't involve sitting on my butt.- Yeah, that's gonna happen. I have discovered the internet, getting up off my butt isn't an option.
I hope everyone has a very happy and safe New Year!!